This asian-style pumpkin soup is sure to warm you from your head to your toes. Loaded with zingy ginger and golden turmeric, this is a true anti-inflammatory, disease-preventing combination.
Golden Pumpkin Soup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 Kent or butternut pumpkin, skinned, seeded and cut into chunks
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cauliflower, cut into chunks
- 2 cups water or stock
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger
- 1 inch piece of fresh turmeric or 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- Sesame seeds
- Tempeh slices, pan-fried to golden on both sides
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add the coconut oil, onions and garlic. Allow them to brown.
- Add the pumpkin, carrots and cauliflower.
- Turn down the heat, cover and leave for 25 minutes or until the vegetables have cooked through.
- Tip the contents of the pan into a blender.
- Add the water, tamari, ginger and turmeric and blend to puree.
- Serve with coriander, sesame seeds and tempeh slices on top.
Makes approx. 6 serves, so there is plenty leftover to store in the fridge and eat throughout the week.