This mini-salad was my post-run snack invention in the cute Scandinavian kitchen at our Airbnb in Copenhagen. It’s the sweetest, most satisfying little bowl of green goodness, packed with protein, healthy fats and minerals to recover after exercise. As far as a salad goes, this one doesn’t really taste like a salad at all. I promise it’s a clean foodie delight (or any foodie for that matter). The acidic lemon juice and spicy rocket cuts through the rich, creamy nut butter, which mixes perfectly with the sweet flesh of the fig. Try it for yourself!
Fig, Cashew Butter & Rocket Salad
- 1 small handful of rocket leaves
- 1 fresh fig
- 1 tsp cashew butter
- 1 tsp walnuts, crushed
- 1 tsp sultanas
- 1 tsp pepitas
- 1/4 wedge of lemon
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Place the rocket leaves in a small bowl.
- Slice the fig into quarters, cutting to halfway down so that the fruit stays in tact.
- Spoon the cashew butter into the middle of the fig and place in the bowl on top of the rocket.
- Sprinkle the fig with crushed walnuts, sultanas and pepitas.
- Squeeze the lemon over the top of it all.
- Finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Makes 1 serve. Double or multiply the recipe by six to make one big family-sized salad.