These bliss balls taste just like coconut lime pie, with the zesty citrus cutting through the rich coconut in that perfect, unique way. I came up with this recipe late one night, half expecting it to turn out wrong, but the resounding opinion from all my tasters was that these were a total winner.
Coconut Lime Bliss Balls
- 1/2 cup almonds, soaked for 2 hours or overnight
- 2 cups cashew nuts, raw and unsalted
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted (approx. 5)
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- Zest of 1/4 lime, using the fine teeth of a grater
- In a high-powered blender or food processor, throw in all of the ingredients.
- Blend until the ingredients form a dough.
- Roll the mixture into golf ball-sized balls and place on a tray.
- Leave for 2 hours or longer in the fridge, to firm up. Sprinkle with pepitas or extra coconut, if desired.
- Store in the fridge for up to one week.
Makes 20 balls.