Just like the name says, the texture and taste is just like brownie batter! For your inner child and chocoholic, with loads of nutrition for getting stuff done, optimising brain function and boosting your mood.
Brownie Batter Bliss Balls
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup dates, pitted (approx. 10)
- 1/4 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, cacao nibs or coconut (for rolling)
- In a high-powered blender or food processor, add the walnuts, dates, cocoa, coconut oil and salt.
- Blend until the ingredients form a dough.
- Place the sesame seeds, cacao nibs or coconut in a bowl, depending on your preference. I used sesame seeds.
- Roll the mixture into golf ball-sized balls and roll in the rolling ingredient of your choice before placing on a tray.
- Leave for 2 hours or longer in the fridge, to firm up.
- Store in the fridge for up to one week.
Makes 15 balls.