I love this combination. The texture and crunch of the seeds perfectly complements the sweetness of the apple and cranberries, with the apple cider vinegar biting through. You’re best to get the cranberries from your local health food store so that you can guarantee that they’re organic and haven’t had sugar and preservatives added to them, as so many conventional brands have. This one is a pleaser at dinner parties, family gatherings and barbecues, or simply whip it up for your own enjoyment!
Apple & Kale Seeded Salad
- 1 bunch of kale, finely chopped (you can use kitchen scissors)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 apple, core removed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, organic, no preservatives
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, white
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, black (or poppy seeds)
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds / pepitas
- Throw the chopped kale into a bowl.
- Add the olive oil and vinegar and massage the kale with your hands.
- Add the apple, cranberries and seeds. Mix with salad servers until combined.
- Keeps for 3 days or so in the fridge, but best served immediately.
Makes a big salad, enough for 6-8 people.